Each year at the conclusion of a Sydney Tai Chi Retreat , participants invariably commented on how wonderful it was and unfailingly voted it as the best retreat ever. Coincidentally, our China tour this April was voted the best of the best China tour we had ever conducted. The magnificent Collaroy Beach location with panoramic ocean view on one side and natural bushland on the other lend itself as a perfect retreat from the stress & bustle of everyday life. Here we can practice our Tai Chi and Qigong in peaceful harmony, meditate mindfully in tranquil qauietude, and t the same time polish up a technique or catch up with an old friend. The day begins with Sunrise qigong and ends with Sunset Tai Chi. In between the two, lectures and workshops introduce new healing skills or plough us deeper into secrets of Tai Chi, Qigong and Chinese Medicine. Most invigorating is when new ground-breaking techniques are revealed or new programs and forms are launched. Already there is a whisper that a NEW energy vibration skill and a secret healing art to be launched, together with a new training method. Another talking point is “Nutritional Immunology” and “Exercise Immunology”, two young sciences currently drawing huge interest around the world. Last but not least is the popular Seminar Sale where you can buy books, DVDs, Tai Chi music CDs at discounted prices, and unique souvenirs from recent China tours.
For more information & booking, contact us via 02 9797 9355 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday 24th August - 9:30am - 12:30pm Strengthning Muscles, Tendons and Weight-Bearing Bones
Bodhidarma introduced tough muscles & tendons conditioning exercise to strengthen the health of SHaolin monks. WIth knowledge of bio-mechanics & modern science, we can produce similar health benefits using soft techniques in Shibashi X and Tai Chi movements.
1. The Five Skills - Mindfulness. Centredness, Grounding, Co-ordination, Flow
2. The Six Harmonies - Three Internals & Three Externals
1:30pm - 4:00pm Cultivating Qi & Mind Expansion Qigong: Seated - Standing - Moving Meditation
1. Micro-orbit Qigong for opening and cleansing the Meridian
2. Sound Vibration Qigong for healing internal organs
3. Energy-Shield Qigong for developing intrinsic strength and Qi
Health Benefits: Stress Release, Sleep Apnoea, Bone Marrow & Immune System.
Sunday 25th August 9:30am - 12:30pm - Health, Well Being, Sleep Apnoea
Chinese nutrition and herbal remedies protect against seasonal infections and boost immune system. How to use Yin/Yang & Five Elements principles to strengthen your health and longevity.
Acupressure & Chinese Massage. Headaches, shoulder and back aches. Learn pulse Reading to know which organ systems are stressed.
1:30pm - 4:00pm Tai Chi Health Application & Self-Defense
1. Medical: Arthritis, Asthma, Cancer, Diabetes, Parkinson's, Dementia, Immunology, Sleep Apnoea
2. Self-Defense: Knowing self-defense application in Tai Chi movements will help you understand the how and why each Tai Chi movement is done specifically. This will improve your movement quality, postures, stances, co-ordination, balance, mobility and agility.
3. Defense against Violence: In addition, learn three simple defense techniques against being grabbed, mugged or handbag being snatched, plus how to execute simple kicks & punches.
4. Instant Mindfulness: A synthesis of biofeedback & sensing martial art technique.